Understanding Your Warranty
Understanding Coffee & Espresso Machine Warranty
Every machine that is purchased from iDrinkCoffee is covered by a manufacturer's warranty. In most cases this warranty is one year, but sometimes it can be longer. The manual that comes with your product should explain the warranty length and limitations.
iDrinkCoffee covers the warranty on behalf of manufacturer's on most products so if you experience a problem please contact us first and we will be happy to help you get service.
It is important to note that there are limitations to almost all warranties.
- Normal wear to such things as burrs, steam wands, buttons. These parts need to be occasionally replaced or serviced as part of normal maintenance of any espresso or coffee machine.
- Use of the machine for any unintended purpose. The intended purpose of any given machine will be defined by its manual. Cosmetic damage such as damage to paint work or dents or scratches to the equipment.
- Damage caused during shipping or delivery.
- Claims arising from your failure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Claims arising from using your equipment in a non-domestic or commercial environment unless we agree to the use in writing beforehand.
- Theft, attempted theft, malicious damage or damage caused by fire or explosion;
- Claims arising from floods, lightning, storms, frost or other bad weather conditions.
- Claims arising from any problem with the supply of electricity, gas or water.
- Costs if no fault is found with your equipment.
- Routine maintenance, cleaning and servicing.
- Costs arising from not being able to use your equipment or from damage caused when the equipment breaks down, including any costs to remove or reinstate built-in or fitted equipment.
- Claims or damage arising from failure to maintain the machine properly including regular cleaning and descaling.
iDrinkCoffee sells and in some cases provides free of charge an extension to the manufacturer's original warranty. The extended warranty is subject to the following conditions and exceptions:
- The extended warranty is underwritten by a third party Canadian insurance company and all claims have to be made with the company.
- The extended warranty covers defects in manufacturing and workmanship including parts and labor but does not include transportation to and from the service centre.
- The extended warranty does not cover the limitations and exceptions listed above.